25 Jul 2013
Fundación Repsol selects eight projects in the second call of its Entrepreneurs Fund
The Minister for Employment and Social Security, Fátima Báñez, and the Chairman of Repsol and its Foundation, Antonio Brufau, today presided over the presentation of the projects selected in the second call of the Repsol Entrepreneurs Fund.
- The Minister for Employment and Social Security, Fátima Báñez, and the Chairman of Repsol and its Foundation, Antonio Brufau, today presided over the presentation of the projects selected in the second call of the Repsol Entrepreneurs Fund.
- Fundación Repsol has selected eight projects in the field of energy efficiency that will support an individual prize (between €6,000 and €12,000 per month for a maximum period of 24 months) and will provide technological, business and legal consultancy.
- The second call of the Entrepreneurs Fund has aroused great interest; more than 470 proposals have been received, 95% from Spain.
- The third round opens today and closes on 15 November 2013.
- This round extends its scope to support projects that still need to reach maturity. The latter will receive funding of 2,000 euros per month for a year.
- During the event, the Ministry for Employment and Social Security and Repsol signed a partnership agreement whereby the company signs up to the 2013-2016 Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Strategy.
The Minister for Employment and Social Security, Fátima Báñez, and the Chairman of Repsol and its Foundation, Antonio Brufau, today presided the presentation of the projects selected in the second call of the Entrepreneurs Fund.
Fundación Repsol has selected eight projects in the second round of the Entrepreneurs Fund. This seeks to support the best business projects that provide solutions in terms of efficiency and energy savings.
After their selection, these eight projects will begin the incubation process, for a maximum of 24 months, during which the Fund will provide technological, business and legal advice coordinated by a team of mentors, as well as financial support ranging from €6,000 to €12,000 a month. All of this will enable the winners to develop their project, adapting them to the needs of the market in order to make their companies more attractive to investors.
The Entrepreneurs Fund has also decided to support two more projects with economic aid of €2,000 a month, in order to help them reach the maturity they need to begin the incubation process.
For their development and consolidation, the selected initiatives will have the use of the infrastructure of the Repsol Technology Centre and other centers and institutions, and Fundación Repsol will coordinate the process. The entrepreneurs will also be advised by Repsol's operational departments and have the external support they need to reach their goals. They will also have easier access to the market and the business contacts needed to enter the commercial phase.
Antonio Brufau remarked that the Entrepreneurs Fund is an especially important asset for Repsol, not just because it helps meet the energy needs of the future, but for its support for social development through funding R&D and the entrepreneurial spirit.
Winning Entrepreneurs Fund projects
The selected projects, many of which focus on new energies, seek greater energy efficiency in various spheres, from energy production and generation to its distribution and end use. They are the following:
- Dobgir. Vertical axis wind turbine adaptable to existing structures. Entrepreneur: Dobgir
- Ecomesh. Second generation hybrid solar panels. Entrepreneur: Endef Engineering
- GeoYmaging. Technology for rapid interpretation of seismic images. Entrepreneur: Expert Ymaging
- Hydraulic microturbine. Microturbines for power generation in water pipes. Entrepreneurs Abel Martínez and Francisco Martínez.
- Oktapous. Robot for inspecting and repairing underwater pipelines. Entrepreneur: Ferroteknica
- Omicron Lighting. Indoor lighting system which can analyse and reproduce the full solar spectrum. Entrepreneur: Omicrom Lighting
- Reflexis. New thermoplastic reflector for application in thermal solar power plants. Entrepreneur: Nematia
- Smalle Technologies. Electricity generation through the oscillating movements of boats. Entrepreneur: Smalle Technologies.
In addition to these eight projects selected for incubation, the Entrepreneurs Fund has decided to provide €2,000 a month for technology maturation to Biogás+, which proposes increasing biogas production by adding iron nanoparticles, and BioH2, whose proposal centres on producing hydrogen through the anaerobic fermentation of waste using a microbial consortium.
After a successful second round, the third is now open
In this second edition of the Entrepreneurs Fund, 479 projects were received, 95% of them from Spain (proposals came from all 17 Autonomous Communities).
There were many different types of project covering every aspect of energy: prospecting, production, generation, transport and distribution and end use. The largest group of ideas, 44% of the total, related to renewables.
During the event, the opening of the third call of the Fund was announced; this will incentivize energy efficiency and bioenergy, and will be open until 15 November 2013. This new edition will increase its scope to also support research, development and concept tests of new ideas. These projects will be supported by €2,000 a month for one year.
Signed up to the Strategy of Entrepreneurship and Youth Employment 2013-2016
During the event, the Ministry for Employment and Social Security and Repsol signed a partnership agreement whereby the company signs up to the Ministry's 2013-2016 Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Strategy.
The Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Strategy seeks to make it easier for young people to join and to improve their situation in the jobs market. This is an open instrument to which Repsol adheres in order to contribute with its own initiatives to facing the challenge of youth employment. During the event, Fátima Báñez gave Antonio Brufau the seal accrediting the company's commitment to youth employment and entrepreneurship.