MENU

03 Apr 2017

Over 350 proposals presented

The sixth call for proposals by Fundación Repsol's Entrepreneurs Fund has closed with 354 proposals sent.

This edition has registered 75% more proposals than in the last call. Of all the proposals presented, 80% come from Spain and the remaining 20% come from over 20 countries, including 6.5% of these belonging to Portuguese entrepreneurs.

In terms of the topics included in the proposals, an important number of them covered efficient use of resources for the electrical and chemical industry (34%), although in this call it was mobility bursting onto the scene. This new area made up 29% of the projects received. Additionally, the initiatives related to distributed generation of electricity reached the 20% mark. The rest of the proposals (17%) focused on the digitalisation of the energy and chemicals industry, storage of electrical energy, and new materials for the energy and chemicals industry.

As in past calls, the number of initiatives coming from universities and R&D centres is around 36%. In addition, 68% of the proposals presented this year already have a form of technology or a business model which has been tested in a controlled environment, putting themselves at level four of the TRL (Technology Readiness Level) scale.

Since last January, the proposals being received have been analysed by the Entrepreneurs Fund team, and in the coming months will be evaluated by different experts. The startups selected in the sixth call will be announced in the third quarter of 2017.

If you want to stay up-to-date on the evaluation process, keep an eye on our website.